Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

An abundance ...

... of vintage treasures, beautifully crafted one-offs and sartorial delights ...
... were all to be had at Monday's wonderful 'Vintage at the Village Hall'.
Brilliantly organised by the lovely Elaine,
The fair was a huge success ... again,
with lots of happy buyers flocking through the doors,
of the grand old Corn Exchange in the centre of the small town of Blandford.
VJ was kept busy all morning ...
with time for only a very quick chat with
the gorgeous Kelly-Marie, Miss Daisy, Vanilla Squirrel and Willie!
It was lovely to see stallholders from previous fairs, 
like Teresa, aka Willapark, with her unique textile art ...
and 'Swimmer' ... with her characterful softies ...
along with Jelly Jam, Lizzie, Cecile, Niki and ...
Vintage Jones ... with all things 'gardening', 
beautifully weathered and rustic ...
There was the lovingly handmade and reworked ... 
bags, cushions and lampshades ...
... sparkly barrettes ...
unbelievably dainty, ethereal fairy houses ...
Pretty china and looking glasses ...
and beautiful clothing, still so wearable today.
Lulabop Vintage had a very tempting stall,
with gorgeous bags and other little treasures,
sitting alongside their own fascinator and jewellery designs ... 
VJ loved the little red cherries fascinator ...
but eventually came home with this little brooch,
made from a piece of an original gents top hat ...




30 comments:

Ashley cramp said...

Snap! I think we may have just posted about the same subject at the same time....but your images are prettier!
Lovely to see you and in those fab brogues again!
D xxxxxxxxxx

Amy at love made my home said...

So many lovely things!! I really like the teacup pincushions that is such a cute idea. Glad that you had a good time. xx

Jen said...

Such an abundance of old and new! Looks like great fun.

ted and bunny said...

thankyou!
wasn't it fun!!
x

tlcukjourney said...

I would have loved to have gone to that fair!! Gorgeous!!!!
I hope your week is going well, much love,
Tammy x

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

It was a GREAT day.....! :0).
Did you sell Miss Edie....I hope 'NOT'....AND...I offered the marked price...2/6d....HeHe! :).

Crafty in the Med said...

so much of everything I imagine so difficult to choose....but fun to see and dither over.
Love fairs like these!!!


keep well


Amanda :-)

Vix said...

Lovely, lovely things especially your top hat brooch! You've got me all fired up for ours on Saturday now, thanks for the inspiration! xxx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

So many wonderful things...I would have loved to go :) The brooch you brought back is perfect...so sweet. Hope your Wednesday is great xx

rusty duck said...

I'm really hoping I can get to one of these over the summer. I'd be SOooo tempted. Be good to meet you too :)

The Reed Warbler said...

This sounds like (a vintage) heaven.....I definitely live on the wrong side of the North Sea for that matter! Anita x

greenthumb said...

I bet you had a great time, it look wonderful.

Maria said...

soo much loveliness in one post..
Treasure galore! Glad all went wonderfully well...
Did you sell her then, Mrs VJ ?
Do tell more...
Maria with hugs....x

Pennyblossoms said...

Oh my! Your brooch is so, so pretty. And such a clever idea.
Wonderful.
Looks like a wonderful day and now I am suffering from a bad case of the 'wanties'!
Z xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening Marina! How lovely to see that this was a great success! The wares are so charming, and seeing this makes me want spring to come so I can go out and peruse the flea markets! Lovely post my dear. Anita

homemade@myplace said...

so many beautiful things …… !!!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Art and Sand said...

I think I would have gone for those gardening bits. I love old metal pieces.

Niki Fretwell said...

Lovely to see you M - Glad you had a good day...I am thrilled with the beautiful Sanderson fabric I bought from you...Oh the possibilities!!
;-)
Niki x

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Wow! Looks like so many beautiful things, wish I could visit/shop there!! :) Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures with us! Wishing you a lovely day! xo Holly

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Some lovely things...sadly too far away for me, thanks for sharing! :) x

Ladybird Diaries said...

Oh so many lovely things! I would love to go to one of these, if only I lived nearby.
Marianne x

Barbara said...

Hi Marina, it looks wonderful! I set out for the fair on Monday morning but was upset when I got to the hall to find nothing on, decided it must be in the Bell street hall, went there - again nothing. Anyway, I had a nice mooch around the town, bought a few books and other things and came home. It was only when I re-read the flyer, I realised my mistake. I went to Shaftsbury not Blandford! Silly me, it serves me right for getting it so wrong. I will get to say hello to you one of these days.

Willow said...

Goodness , I do wish I had been close enough to have had popped in on all that !

Madelief said...

Wish I could have joined you Jane! There are so many beautiful things on display.

Happy Sunday!

Madelief x

Bodkin said...

thanks for sharing . who made the fairy houses, just lovely. hope you had a great weekend hx

The Custards said...

What a great 'gathering of the clans' that sounds - lots of familiar names. I hope that everyone sold lots of things
Best wishes
Jenny

Jenny Woolf said...

Ah! my money would go on that characterful fox

Down by the sea said...

I'm sorry I missed this it looks a wonderful event. is there going to be another one later in the year?
Sarah x

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Oh! So many wonderful things!
I love your brooch and that china...a great temptation!
Besos!

Kristie said...

WOW! what a great array of items. I will say that if you couldn't find something there that you liked you never would! Some really cool finds.

I love the brooch you selected. It looked like something you would like.