Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Hauser and Wirth ...

... on the outskirts of Bruton.
A great place to while away an hour or two.
Follow a gentle path from Bruton,
dancing with butterfly and bee.
Enjoy coffee and cake ...
in the cafe,
or outdoors under canopy ...
or a tipple from the well stocked bar!
Visit the gallery (closed for installation of new exhibition when we were there).
Walk in the gardens ...

Enter the alien space craft ...
It's actually an outdoor bar!
Open Tuesday-Sunday 10am-5pm (closed Monday)

10 comments:

*Maristella* said...

Hi Marina, that nostalgia!
I wish I was there....
Here are 37° (degrees) in the house, to die of heat :o(
Kiss Kiss, *Maristella*
(with translator)

Linda said...

This looks like a lovely place to visit. xxx

Down by the sea said...

I was so pleased to see this post! I am on holiday the week after next and I wanted to visit here since I saw images on pinterest last year. I remembered it was in Somerset but couldn't remember what is was called! The walk from Bruton sounds a good idea too! Sarahx

Rosemary said...

I did a post on Durslade Farm following our winter visit this January past, but would really like to return again to see it during the summer as you have done. That outdoor bar wasn't there then. There was a great atmosphere inside with people meeting one another for sunday lunch, and sitting reading the papers - it had a real buzz.

nilly said...

What a surprise to find a modern art gallery deep in the Somerset countryside! Well worth a visit, I'm sure.

Maria Glazacheva said...

Jolie place a visiter :) J espère que vous avez passée du bon temps :)

bonne journée

xxx Maria xxx

Unknown said...

wow that alien space ship come Bar looks amazing would love to see inside it :-) Enjoy your week, dee x

Amy at love made my home said...

Fantastic! I love the spaceship bar!! That must be great to see! xx

Barbara said...

How lovely - and not too far from us, another place we simply have to visit. xx

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

I'm so glad you shared this! I have it on a long list of things to see, and from your lovely photos and description it is now a real must.